Monday, June 15, 2009

brooding over brooches

well maybe not brooding...but i just thought it had a ring to it...or a brooch to it...heh...
I got busy late this evening...think I had dessert too late and got the sugar rush...
Ok, so 2 new brooches and an improvement to the earrings photo as promised!
First the earrings:


Next brooch number 1:


this idea has been in my head for quite a while...well since i made the measuring tape bracelet...which I'm trying to improve on by finding some fabric measuring tape instead of icky, cheap plastic...

I believe I have the worlds worst glue gun...bought from a $2 shop, it's so crap that I think the glue has melted down inside the handle...the glue sticks disappear and it doesn't come out the nozzle and it appears to be getting heavier each time I use it...


Brooch number 2
A weeny little bento box I found whilst in Sydney...i think it was supposed to be one of those things you hang off yr mobile but it had lost it's chain...I have a fascination with tiny things...always have...I remember getting a boy in grade 1 in trouble because he was trying to get me to give back a pencil he'd sharpened until it was a centimetre in length...I told the teacher it was mine and she believed me as he was the class trouble maker and I was a studious little thing...how evil I am...I still think I have it somewhere in with all my Barbie things that my mum dutifully packed up and kept...

and a couple of other randoms...
I'm wanting to take more photos and get a bit more knowledgeable about how to use my camera...took this messing with the manual focus and changing the aperture (well I think it was the aperture!), may still be a tiny bit over exposed...
Mr Bunny man who sits on my desk was looking overly sinister and Alice in wonderlandish tonight... What's up doc?

A sack of potatoes we bought down the street...I just had to have it cos it was a sack of potatoes...how often do you see a sack of potatoes?!? Just gotta think of what I can do with that once it's stopped being filled with potatoes...

2 comments:

  1. 1. I do enjoy those brooches.
    2. Great work with the manual focus, I like the photo, I don't think it's over exposed, but interesting lighting. So much fun.
    3.I haven't ever been exposed to an actual burlap sack of potatoes. Before my time,until now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mazspazzz!? I am writing to let you know that you have won my bluebird papergoods competition over at thedesignfiles.net! Please send me an email with you postal address so I can get them to send you your prize!

    Thanks so much! Lucy x

    ReplyDelete