Wednesday, June 10, 2009

quick one...

had an awesome weekend (GLWE '09) with the high school pals...12 girls (I use that term loosely as we're all over 30 now...) in a big barn in the middle of the country with way too much french toast, wine, cheese and Dr Jurd's Jungle Juice (don't even ask what that crap was...)

Got some gorgeous earrings from a little shop in Balmain/Rozelle crafted from tiny paper cranes made out of japanese paper...I've always had a love for miniature things...
Sorry again...will update with a better photo when I get a chance...

Small tip, the op shops around this area are really good...saw a Parker coffee table and multiple pieces of kitsch homewares I wanted to snavvle up...booo...must plan a trip to the south side op shops...

But, I was very restrained and didn't really buy much else as I didn't want to carry it all around...stupid excuse I know...

My friend also lives basically next door to the wonderful Society Inc. which was unfortunately closed each time I was there...had a very good peek in the windows though...and lots of lusting after was had...

Some more bullet points:
  • Tintilla Estates 05 Shiraz is awesome, as is their Rosato di Jupiter (A rose! I hate sweet wines! But ah hah! It's not sweet!)
  • Berocca actually does what it says it will do...I'd never tried it before and now I am a convert...
  • The new safari is awesome...it is fast, and smart...love the guessing it does as you type things into the address bar, the Top Sites page and the status in the right hand side of the address bar...glad they took on board the feedback from the beta and sped it up!
  • I promise more crafting will be done soon..I have a couple of things in the works, just no time...
  • Coolest site of the week: http://www.gestalten.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment